International Study Tour to the Lithuanian Song Celebration
2-7 July 2024
Deadline for registration 1st of April, 2024
Lithuanian Song and Dance Celebrations are a national tradition of Lithuanian folk and amateur art. Once every few years, this cultural phenomenon culminates in a grand national Song Celebration that is held over a week and assembles tens of thousands of singers, dancers, visual artists and spectators from all parts of Lithuania and the rest of the world. The final concert is called Song Day and features a choir of 12 thousand voices. The tradition of the Baltic Song and Dance Celebrations is inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
This Study Tour is organized by Lithuanian National Culture Centre under the label of European Choral Association (ECA).
For ECA indirect members, members of Friends of Choral Music, individual members of IFCM
- 250 Eur for country group 1
- 230 Eur for country group 2
- 200 Eur for country group 3
- 270 Eur for country group 1
- 250 Eur for country group 2
- 220 Eur for country group 3
- visiting Song and Dance Celebration rehearsals
- meeting the conductors, artistic directors and organising team of Song Celebration
- attending special lectures and presentations by the most prominent Lithuanian choral personalities
- attending all the main Celebration concerts (Dance Day, Ensemble Evening, Song Day)